2012 WBCOOP Terms and Conditions
2012 WBCOOP Rules
Please make sure you read the following Terms & Conditions before submitting your entry or playing any of the WBCOOP tournaments.
The following are the terms and conditions (“Rules”) of the World Blogger Championship of Online Poker (WBCOOP) 2012 promotion ("Promotion"), which consists of multi-table tournaments ("MTTs"), and tournament leader boards (“TLB”) as organized by the operator ("PokerStars") of the Internet site found at www.pokerstars.eu (the "Site") and of the PokerStars GUI software (the "Client").
All entrants (each an “Entrant”/“you”/”your”) who wish to participate in the Promotion and log on to the Client in pursuit of such purpose, hereby accept, as may be applicable: (i) these Rules (ii) the Terms and Conditions governing the use of Site which can be found at /poker/room/tos/ (“Terms and Conditions”) and (iii) the tournament rules governing participation in any tournament on the Site (“Tournament Rules”) which can be found here –/poker/tournaments/rules/) and agree to be unconditionally bound by these Rules, the Terms and Conditions, as well as the Tournament Rules.
Details of Promotion
- This Promotion will run from February 23rd to March 4th 2012 (the “Duration”).
- To take part in this Promotion, you are required to send an application to PokerStars consisting of either a 500-word (minimum) blog post that you have written or a recorded video of no longer than 60 seconds in duration telling us what you would do with $5,000 if you won the WBCOOP Best Blogger prize (“Application”). Details of how you can register to take part in this Promotion and/or how to submit your Application can be found here /wbcoop (“Promotion Page”).
- Should you choose to submit a 500-word (minimum) blog as your Application, then you must have had an active online poker blog running for 2 (two) or more months and updated on a regular basis prior to the submission of your Application.
- Following your registration to participate, you must share your Application with all your friends and followers through your chosen social network, in accordance with the share application which can be found on the Promotion Page. If your Application is in line with all the requirements set out above and is accepted by PokerStars, you will be issued with 10 (ten) tickets to partake in any ten of the 30 MTTs available as part of this Promotion.
- All Applications must be submitted on or by 21st February 2012.
- If you are awarded a Spring Championship of Online Poker (“SCOOP”) ticket or where you receive a cash prize from any of the 10 (ten) MTTs you participate in pursuant to Clause 1(d), you will be automatically entered into and awarded a ticket to play in the WBCOOP 2012 event scheduled to take place on 4th March 2012 (“Main Event”).
- Should you win the Main Event on 4th March 2012, you will be entitled to the top share of the $5,000 cash prize pool (usually between 10-15% depending on number of players) (“Main Event Prize”).
- By playing in any 10 (ten) MTTs that you choose to participate in, note that you will also earn points for the TLB depending on where you finally place in each of your chosen MTTs. All your points will be added up at the end of Duration and prizes will be awarded as follows:
- 1st place: Trophy, $7,000 package towards any PokerStars sponsored Live Event or Online Tournament 2012 SCOOP Medium Main Event Ticket, Special Edition Chip Set.
- 2nd place: 2012 SCOOP Medium Main Event Ticket, Special Edition Chip Set.
- 3rd place: $215 Step 4 Ticket (can be used in any way described here: /poker/tournaments/types/steps), plus a Special Edition Chip Set.
- For the purposes of the TLB, the points acquired for each MTT will be listed on the WBCOOP home page: /wbcoop.
- Should you win the TLB (“Winner”), you may choose either the PokerStars sponsored Live Event or the Online Tournament package only as described in Clause H(i) above. A combination of both is not permitted.
- With respect to the “Live Event” package, this will incorporate the cost of the buy-in and hotel accommodation for a main event of any PokerStars sponsored event in 2012, such event to be chosen at the Winner’s discretion, up to a total value of the package amount (i.e. $7,000). If the entire $7,000 is not used on one Live Event, the remaining amount can be used towards a future PokerStars sponsored Live Event. If the total value of the selected Live Event package is more than $7,000, the winner will be required to pay the difference. For the purposes of this Promotion, PokerStars sponsored event shall mean any tour listed on the PokerStars site for your region, but excluding the World Series of Poker* and Aussie Millions. For a current and up-to-date list of events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With respect to the “Online Tournament” package, the same rules as set out in Clause 2(b) above apply. Details of applicable online poker tournaments for which the package can be used for can be found here: /poker/tournaments.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all Prizes are non-transferable and may not be given, assigned, transferred or sold to any other person(s).
- There may be additional terms and conditions imposed by a Prize provider which you must comply with and PokerStars will not be responsible for your failure to comply with such terms and conditions. In addition, Winners may be required to enter into a separate binding agreement with PokerStars with regards to conditions governing the awarding and/or use of the Prize. Failure to abide by such conditions may result in the forfeiture of the Prize.
- No Prize will be awarded to any Entrant who for any reason would not be allowed by applicable law to use the Prize or where the supply of the Prize to that Entrant would be unlawful.
- Any Entrant in receipt of a Prize as part of this Promotion bears sole responsibility for all duties, taxes or charges that may be payable any relevant authority in relation to their receipt of the Prize in accordance with applicable laws.
- Unless stated otherwise, where a Prize concerns a financial payment to be paid to you, then the relevant amount will be credited to your player account on the Site (“Player Account”) within a reasonable period following your win.
- Employees and relatives of employees of PokerStars and any entities affiliated or related to PokerStars are not permitted to participate in the Promotion. For these purposes, the term "relative" shall mean spouse, partner, parent, child or sibling.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction (whichever the greater) to participate in the Promotion. You may be asked at any stage to provide PokerStars or a third party with proof of age and/or identity. All players must be able to present a valid passport or other valid picture ID to verify their age and/or identity. Any player unable to produce such proof of age will be excluded from the Site and disqualified from the Promotion.
- When participating in any MTT on the Site, you confirm that the name and address which you have registered with your Player Account are correct and up to date. Any updates should be done before participating in any MTT.
- By participating in this Promotion and/or in a MTT of any kind on the Site, you are deemed to have granted PokerStars the right to use your name, likeness, voice and image in marketing and promotion campaigns in any media whatsoever without further compensation and you expressly waive any claims against PokerStars in this regard. If requested and in accordance to PokerStars’ instructions, you further agree to help promote PokerStars and the Site.
- The Promotion is subject to change or cancellation by PokerStars at any time and at its sole discretion. Possible changes include, but are not limited to, the payout structure and Prizes, the points table for the TLB (found here: /wbcoop).
- By entering into this Promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless PokerStars, its legal representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and respective officers, directors, employees and agents, to the extent permitted by law, from any damages, losses or personal injury sustained or suffered by you in connection with your participation in this Promotion and/or any Prize awarded to you (if applicable).
- PokerStars reserves the right, at any time, to alter these Rules, the Terms and Conditions and/or the Tournament Rules at is sole discretion if PokerStars believes that the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- In the case of disputes concerning any aspect of this Promotion, the final decision shall be at PokerStars’ sole discretion which shall be binding and not be subject to review or appeal by any Entrant and/or third party.
- PokerStars reserves to right to disqualify and exclude any Entrant who contravenes any aspect of the Rules, Terms and Conditions and/or the Tournament Rules and/or confiscate any Prize awarded to a Winner in the event of any reasonable suspicion that these Rules, Terms and Conditions and/or the Tournament Rules have been breached by that Winner.
- This Promotion and all terms and conditions relating hereto shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you have any questions about WBCOOP 2012, contact email@example.com.
Back to WBCOOP main page.