1. The promoter of the Competition is Stars Interactive Limited ("Promoter", "we”, or "us"), whose registered office is at Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ
2. By entering the Competition, participants ("Entrant(s)") a) agree to be bound by these Special Terms and the general terms and conditions for promotions ("General Terms") that apply to all promotions and competitions organised by the Promoter in connection with the www.pokerstars.uk website ("Site") and b) confirm that they meet all eligibility requirements for the Competition.
3. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or any other social network.
4. The Competition is not in conjunction with or tied to any other competition or promotions that may be running at the same time or other times.
5. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
6. Unless specified differently in the Competition Tweet (as defined below), every Entrant is limited to one entry and any additional entries will be disqualified.
Who is eligible?
7. Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified in these Special Terms and the General Terms. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
8. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age, resident in the United Kingdom and have a verified and validated account on the Site. Proof of identification, age and address may be required at the request of the Promoter and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct any ID and security checks it sees fit to confirm Entrants comply with all eligibility requirements.
9. Entrants must not permit or allow another person to take part in the Competition on their behalf.
How to qualify and how the Competition works
10. In order to be eligible for the Competition, Entrants must: (i) have a valid Twitter account which must not be set to private, deactivated, suspended, set to “Protect Your Tweets” (as we will not be able to see the entry) or otherwise prevent us from viewing the account holder’s replies to our tweets prior to the random prize draw taking place (as set out at paragraph 12 below); (ii) within the timeframe (“Competition Period”) stated in the dedicated Competition tweet (“Competition Tweet”) that the Promoter tweets on the PokerStars UK & IRE Twitter Account at https://twitter.com/pokerstars... (“PS Twitter Account”), post a reply to the Competition Tweet containing their PokerStars username and (if applicable) any hashtag that the Promoter has stated in the Competition Tweet must be used in the Competition entries. This is the only entry route to the Competition and entries that do not comply with the provisions of this paragraph will not be eligible.
11. The winner(s) will be randomly selected from the pool of eligible replies. The random prize draw will take place within one week after the end of the Competition Period.
12. Winners will be announced by the Promoter in a tweet on the PS Twitter Account once they have been credited (as explained in paragraph 14).
13. The number of winners and the number of tickets (this can be one ticket per winner or one ticket bundle per winner) and their value will be announced in the Competition Tweet.
14. The ticket (or ticket bundle) will be credited to the winners’ PokerStars account (with the username contained in the Competition entry) within a week after the random prize draw and will expire in 1 year (unless stated differently in the Competition Tweet).
15. Prizes may be replaced with a substitute prize of equal or greater value, if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so. All prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. Tournament tickets can be used to register and play any tournament on the Site with buy-ins corresponding to the value of the entry.
What else do Entrants need to know?
16. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant and forfeit their prize where the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Special Terms and/or the General Terms and/or any terms and conditions relating to participation in the tournaments and/or where an Entrant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Competition and/or has used fraudulent means in connection with the Competition and/or the tournaments. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions, which will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in this respect.
17. If the Promoter wishes to promote the Competition and the prize winners for PR purposes, it will seek the winners’ consent and the winners may be asked to provide a quote about the win, their name, their town/city of residence and a photograph for publication on the Site and the Promoter’s social channels.
18. The Promoter, its group companies and its agencies and contractors, shall not be liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, Twitter or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in the Competition.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this Competition at any time without notice, including in the event of any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or in any other event outside of the Promoter’s control, and the Promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Special Terms, and such change shall be effective immediately upon posting them on the Site.
20. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, the Promoter does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Entrant as a result of either participating in the Competition or not winning a prize.
22. The Competition and these Special Terms shall be governed by the English and Welsh law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
23. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of the Special Terms does not affect or impede the continued validity, legality and enforceability of the remainder of the Special Terms.
24. If you have any questions about the Competition, please send us a private message on Twitter.